12 Months Visa Sponsorship

The 12 month J-1 Work & Travel visa sponsorship allows current or recently graduated university, TAFE or college students the freedom and flexibility to work anywhere across the United States. Serve cocktails in Hawaii, deal blackjack in Vegas, work for Ron Burgandy in San Diego or work in retail in the ‘Big Smoke’ (NYC). Whatever your pleasure, the decision on where you work is up to you! Simply turn up (play up your Australian accent), find a job and enjoy your time in the US of A – it actually is that easy.

What’s best is that you do not need an employment contract to obtain this visa. This gives participants total freedom to explore the US before they decide where to base themselves. Participants can be unemployed in the US for up to 90 days continuously. 

The Working Holiday Club will obtain all of the requried visa sponsorship documents that participants will need to apply for the J-1 work and travel visa. We will also walk you through the entire visa process all the way up until your departure. Once in the US, there will be a 24-hour line should participants have any concerns or problems.

Due to the current economic climate the government has restricted working holiday visas to the US for current or recently graduated (in the last 12 months) university/TAFE students.


Unfortunately UK passport holders are not eligible for required J-1 visa, and therefore cannot participate in the program.

    • US 12 month J-1 visa sponsorship
    • Up to 13 months health insurance
    • Ongoing in-country support
    • Assistance and directions on the steps needed to obtain your visa
    • Assistance filling out all the paperwork
    • Assistance in setting up a US bank account
    • Assistance getting a Social Security Card (Similar to a Tax File Number in Australia)
    • Housing
    • Employment contract
    • You will also need to cover the US consulate fees totalling around $250
    • Ensure you qualify for a J-1 Visa before applying!
    • Apply for our 12 months Program
    • Receive your visa sponsorship forms and 'Proof of Student Status Form'
    • Receive your DS 2019 form & document number from The Working Holiday Club™  Australia
    • Apply for your DS 160 online via https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/
    • Book your US Embassy or Consulate Interview & Pre-pay for your interview at Australia Post
    • Be interviewed by the US Consulate (Sydney, Melbourne & Perth)
    • Receive your visa documentation within 2-7 working days of consulate interview
    • Depart Australia!
  • Due to the current economic climate, the U.S Government has restricted the number of working holiday visas they offer to foreign nationals. As a result, internationals must have their J-1 working holiday visa sponsored by an accredited organisation in order to be eligible to work and travel in the USA.

    The 12-month visa gives students the flexibility to work and travel throughout the USA at their own pace and really explore all the beautiful country has to offer.


The Working Holiday Club has years of experience working with the US Department of State and US Consulate. We have extensive knowledge about US visas and are open with all communication with clients.

Call us now on 1300 295 579 and speak to one of our USA specialists.

Share With Your Friends


We would love to hear from you.