Van Surfari Spain & France
Basque coast of France and Spain
1st June - 30th September
PRICE: €70 | US$ 78 | £60 | AU$ 102 PER NIGHT ALL-INCLUSIVE (2 nights)
Enjoy staying in dorm-style accommodation at our Surf House, three hearty meals every day prepared by our in-house chefs, surf lessons with board and wetsuit hire daily with experienced guides, transfers to the beach break, transfers from San Sebastian, pintxo tours and party nights, awesome Crew and an unforgettable experience!
Have you ever heard that song Surfing Surfari? It was by the Beatles, or the Beach Boys, or some other group of fossils, not sure, but it had a real good message… “Let’s go surfin’ now, everybody’s learnin’ how, come on a surfari with me.” Think about the wonders of a surf trip, combined with the adventure of a safari. Travelling up and down the coast hunting WAVES! Doesn’t that just sound wonderballs!? Well, we put one together:
- Where: On the road baby, between France and Spain, wherever the waves are pumping
- When: All summer, from the 1st June - 30th September
- How: On our bus
- Age: Young at heart traveller 18+. Free trip if you bring your grandma
- Sleep: Hostel style accommodation
- Eat: Three healthy and hearty meals a day
- Dorm accommodation at our Surf house
- Chef-prepared breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Transportation along the Spanish and French coast
- Daily surf lessons and equipment hire
- Experienced surf guides
- San Sebastian pick up and drop off
- Local activities and party nights
- Add-ons: rafting, golf, horse riding
Just like all good surf trips, the Stoke Surfari has no rules! We’re headed wherever the best surf and party is for you on your trip! But here’s an idea of what you can expect during your time on our rolling surf camp.
DAY 1 & 2 – (CANTABRIA – SPAIN) – WELCOME!
- Come and find The Stoke bus… we’ll be waiting to meet you with a welcome drink outside the Opera House in San Sebastian at 12:30 – 1pm
- Kick back and enjoy the ride down through the picturesque Basque country and into the Cantabria region of Spain.
- Set up camp at our new beachfront home and head out for your first surf with our surf instructors alongside to provide lessons for our beginners or to guide experienced surfers to the best breaks.
- Come explore the breathtaking scenery along the coastline with us. Nearby beaches such as Langre and Somo allow you to find great surf conditions hidden amongst the unmatched beauty of Cantabria’s spectacular countryside.
- Your Stoke bus will take you to enjoy an afternoon surf or simply kick back and relax at some of our favorite hidden Spanish beaches. The perfect setting to enjoy a well deserved beer or sangria while you take in the breathtaking sunset!
- If those afternoon drinks get you a little too excited, why not take your exploration further and head out into the bustling nightlife of nearby Santander. Your party-partial Stoke guides will be more than happy to organize and accompany you on your after-dark adventures and provide information on ferries, local hot spots and transport.
DAY 3 & 4 – (BASQUE COUNTY – SPAIN)
- We bid farewell to this amazing part of Spain, bound for Basque Country and Zarautz. Perched atop a huge grassy hill that overlooks the beautiful countryside, Zarautz is undeniably beautiful and most importantly has a great surf beach – all only 20 minutes from the world famous San Sebastian.
- Take to the ocean for a surf in the heart of the Basque region before retiring for perhaps one of the most perfect sunset experiences you’ll find on your travels.
- Explore the hidden caves on our day trip to Zumaia beach or try your hand at surfing the city break of Zurriola in San Sebastian.
- After dark or whenever you’re not surfing, we can organize for you to take full advantage of all that this region has to offer such as San Sebastian’s world renowned Pintxos (traditional Basque tapas), wineries and cider houses, nightlife, pub crawls and much more.
DAY 5 & 6 – (LANDES REGION – FRANCE)
- On day 5 we say adios to Spain and bonjour to France. This region is world famous for surfing and hosts the WSL Quicksilver pro annually.
- Because it’s near impossible to get sick of stunning sunsets, we’ll take you to have the rather unique experience of watching the sun disappear behind the fallen World War 2 bunkers that you’ll find scattered all along Le Piste Beach.
- When you’re all surfed out, we’ll be waiting with a cold beer or sangria while you decide whether you want to discover your new favorite band at a gig in Hossegor, take on the treetop adventure park, or get involved in some extra-curricular drinking in the partying surf town of Moliets.
- When the unfortunate time comes that you have to leave us and our rolling camp of fun, we will return you to San Sebastian.