Sitges, 45 minutes south of Barcelona
Fat Tuesday (Mardi Gras) 13th February 2018
Once a year before Lent begins, the beautiful seaside town of Sitges goes bonkers for sequins, feathers, frivolity and Carnival. We’ve never been ones to miss out on a party, and will charter a bus for 2018, fill it with sangria, you, fancy dress, face paint, and head to the insanity!
WHAT IS IT?
The wildest winter fiesta in Spain! Beat the February chill at the hottest party this side of the Atlantic. Carnival is celebrated around the world and Sitges is one of its biggest hotspots, with 250,000 people flocking to this small coastal town. Carnival marks the last chance to go absolutely wild and give in to every temptation before the 40 days of Lent begin. This is your chance dress up and get freaky, go all out in sequins, feather boas and body paint, or even put on a mask if you desire. Sitges is the gay and lesbian capital of Europe, they sure do know how to party. So throw your inhibitions out the window, along with your shirt, and let’s have one heck of a party
The final and busiest day of the carnival is called Fat Tuesday, when the local carnival parade makes its way down the Rua del Extermini in decorated carriages, sporting the campest razzle-dazzle type outfits you have ever seen. Each parade is themed, for example… Rua de la Disbauxa – the Debauchery Parade, on Sunday night and the Rua de l‘Extermini – the Extermination Parade, on Tuesday night.
- Inclusions: Round trip coach travel from Barcelona to Sitges, awesome guides, pre-party at George Payne
- Add-ons: Festival beads 3 € , Barcelona City Break 60 € /night
- Where: Sitges, 45 minutes south of Barcelona. The bus leaves from a central Barcelona bar, where we will have the Carnival pre-party.
- When: Fat Tuesday (Mardi Gras) 13th February 2018. First round of check-in from 4pm, second round from 6pm. Buses leave for Sitges at 6pm and start returning at 1.30 !
- How: On our party bus
- Age: Young at heart traveler 18+