Living & Working At Our Normandy Adventure Resort
Surrounded by unspoilt French countryside and the River Varrene, this is the perfect spot to explore Northern France. Nestled in the heart of the rural Pays de Loire region, this resort is The Working Holiday Club's™ specialist French language centre. While at work, and on your days off, you'll have the best of both worlds – experiencing French heritage and culture on a daily basis, alongside throwing yourself into The Working Holiday Club's™ more traditional activities like abseiling and raft building.
- Great For: Exploring Normandy and Brittany, and enjoying France (less than two hours away)
- Season: February – October
- Number Of Guests: 250 (8-18 years old, schools and families)
- Number Of Staff: 30
- Accommodation Style: The majority of staff accommodation is in the twin rooms within the Chateau, with shared shower and bathroom facilities
- Abseiling, Archery, Bushcraft, Climbing, Challenge course, Fencing, Initiative exercises, Low ropes course, Open Canoeing, Orienteering, Raft building, Rifles, Team games, Trapeze, Team Challenge programme, Zip-Line
- Bayeux Tapestry, D-Day Landing Beaches, Mont St Michel Abbey, Roman Remains, Chateau de Caen, St Malo, Local markets
- Located in the heart of the rural Pays de Loire region, our Adventure Resort is just outside the beautiful village of Ambrières-les-Vallées.
- There are plenty of different ways to enjoy France on your days off, as the centre is only a 15-minute drive to the country town of Mayenne, 45 minutes to historic Fougères or Laval, the main town of the Mayenne region.
- Throughout the summer months, you can also enjoy using the public outdoor swimming pool, horse riding and mini-golf in Ambrières. For the more energetic you can hire equipment or have sailing or windsurfing lessons.