Undoubtedly, finding a great place to live will top the priority list for anyone anticipating a big move to the British capital. Scrolling remotely through endless flat listings is all well and good, but if you’re not familiar with London, its high housing prices and the 33 metropolitan boroughs, it will be difficult to know where to start. To take the stress out of flat hunting, we recommend fixing up a room before you leave
When you join Jumpstart London™ you will be offered shared houses and jobs in London suitable for working holiday makers. Our shared house options include rooms for rent – single, double and shared. Room shares are rented by the bed – you will not be responsible for you roommate's rent.
Weekly Rentals Start From:
- Rent: £85 per week all bills included (shared room) view gallery
- Rent: £100 per week all bills included (single room)
- Rent: £130 per week all bills included (double)
- Two-week deposit
- Min stay two weeks
- East, South West and West London
- Zone 2 - 4
Note: 2017 room rates tend to be more around £100 per person. However, the rooms are large enough in most cases to fit two double beds.
The Working Holiday Club™ offers shared accommodation pre-departure, with the option of keeping the accommodation when it's time to change jobs. Take this into consideration when you're looking for a live-in pub job. With a live-in pub job, if you lose your job, you lose your accommodation.
You will get:
- Travel Rental Agreement – Our unique contract has been carefully configured to allow you to travel and live as cheaply as possible in London. In most of our houses you are only required to put down a two-week deposit with only one week rent upfront, and with a two-week notice period, you can leave to travel at short notice. On your return, you will be eligible to take up another room with us at no extra cost. You are entitled to do this as often as you like.
- Roommate Matching Service – Matching new arrivals together as suitable house mates. During the first week of being in London, you will have the opportunity to join various city walks and social events where you can meet other travellers and match yourself to the perfect roommates. During the viewing process, you will meet the other housemates to ensure that you've found a good. Please be mindful that in the busy months availability is limited. However if you move into a property and wish to be moved at a later stage, this can be done for you at no extra cost.
Why is this good?
- The Working Holiday Club™ is the only working holiday agency which offers "RENT A BED" in a purpose designed shared house. You will not carry the liability and cost of a roommate departing. Our contract has been designed to allow you to travel without having to pay rent while you are away, nor do you have to find a replacement for your room. The rental contracts which we negotiate for you are classed as temporary accommodation. You are therefore eligible to offset your rent costs against your income tax, ultimately giving you a higher take-home on your pay. No one else does this!
- If you're travelling with a friend and you want to share a room to save on rent, we recommend you do research on this. In most cases landlords will not move two single beds into a double room to accommodate for sharing. Furthermore, in most instances, should one of you move out, the other one will be liable for the entire rent or find a replacement. Plan carefully. The Jumpstart London™ offers a shared room before you leave and you get to rent beds independently. No nasty surprises.