At Sunshine, we spend a lot of time and energy planning events and activities that extend beyond the working experience. We believe that a big part of the employee experience is the opportunity to socialise and enjoy some of the incredible advantages that living in the Rocky Mountains and Bow Valley has to offer.
Skiing & Riding Benefits
All full-time staff ski ride free at Sunshine and receive significant discounts at over 13 other amazing Canadian ski & snowboard resorts.
Every year HR plans plenty of day and overnight trips for Sunshine Staff at reasonable prices. Here are some examples of group trips from previous years:
- Lake Louise, Kicking Horse, Panorama, Red Mountain, Marmot Basin, Big White And Fernie Trips
- NHL hockey games In Calgary
- Calgary shopping trip
- West Edmonton Mall trip
- Ice Climbing
- Ice Fishing
- Dog Sledding
- Christmas Staff Party
- Snowboarding movie premieres
- Cleanest Room Contest for those with on-hill accommodation
- End Of Year 'May Madness' Party with pig roast and DJ
- Night Skiing for staff in the spring
- Moonlight snowshoe hike
- Avalanche training courses
- Employee Of The Month dinner, part of our staff recognition program
- Australia Day activities
- Spring concert series in The Village, with past bands including III Scarlett, Aaron Pritchett, George Canyon and BC/DC
Our staff receives fantastic discounts at Sunshine Village, too. We offer discounts in our food & beverage outlets, retail store, on retail equipment and ski lessons. There are ten chairlifts and 107 trails within the alpine valley, formed by the three mountains (Mount Standish, Lookout Mountain, and Goat's Eye Mountain) that constitute Sunshine Village.The resort also boasts Banff's largest ski rental shop and the only Ski-in, ski-out hotel. The resort has terrain to suit all abilities. For advanced skiers and snowboarders the Delirium Drive, the ultimate front-country adventure with pitches of 40 degrees and vertical footage of 1919 feet.
Banff's Largest Outdoor Hot Pool
Trip Into Town Of Banff
On Friday nights, you can head into Banff for the evening and catch the last gondola (10 pm) back to the lodge. A shuttle bus is available to take you to and from the town of Banff.