The fall and early ski season are a very busy time at Big White Ski Resort. Many prospective employees are arriving for job interviews and work. Also, everyone is looking for a place to stay during the winter. However, we still strongly recommend you arrive with pre-booked accommodation.
- Big White is pleased to offer a limited number of staff accommodation beds to our employees.
- Each manager will have a small number of beds to allocate to staff.
- Staff accommodation beds are proportionally allocated based on department size, so each department only has a limited number of beds.
- These units are in Snow Pine Estates, Happy Valley and the Village.
- During the hiring process, your potential manager will be able to let you know whether they still have any beds available. We will do our best to accommodate any location and housemate requests.
- These units range from apartments to houses, with anywhere from four people to eight people per unit. The units are fully furnished and include linens.
- These staff accommodation beds are proportionally allocated based on department size, so each department only has a limited number of beds.
- The allocation of beds will not be known until early November. Assume you do not have staff accommodation and plan accordingly.
Most staff will find accommodation through looking on the Internet, Big White’s Facebook page, calling the “For Rent” signs in the unit windows, getting our referral list, going to our local real estate companies or chatting with the building managers. The average employee pays from $450 to $600 per month for shared accommodation.
- These prices range from several friends renting a house, to two-to-four folks renting a one-bedroom condo. There are some apartments and condos available for rent in Big White, all are fully furnished with full kitchens, and some even have spas on the deck… VERY NICE!
- The cost of housing varies depending on the size and location of the apartment.
- The cost of housing is approximate $150.00 to $175.00 CAD/week, and a bond will also be payable.
- Urban Retreat is an excellent place to stay, which is located on the mountain for the first week until you find more permanent accommodation.