HAMILTON ISLAND RESORT STAFF BENEFITS
When you become part of the Hamilton Island team, you have the Whitsundays and the Great Barrier Reef at your doorstep, along with all the incredible facilities and features Hamilton Island has to offer.
There aren’t many jobs where, on your days off, you can sail the Whitsundays, dive the Great Barrier Reef, eat great food and wine, or try your hand any of the sensational activities the island has to offer.
On Hamilton Island, however, you can have it all, and all year round.
As a member of our team, you can enjoy several attractive benefits that are continually reviewed and enhanced.
Employee benefits include (but aren’t limited to):
- Family and friends’ accommodation discounts
- Access to outstanding facilities and training
- Discounts at restaurants owned by Hamilton Island Enterprises
- Various reductions on the cost of on-island guest activities
- Access to a dedicated Staff Activities Officer, who coordinates employee-only events on your behalf
- An employee-only bar and café
- Salary Sacrifice programs including on-island accommodation
- Company uniforms
- Discounted rates on Cruise Whitsundays ferry tickets between the mainland and Hamilton Island
- Being in the heart of the Whitsunday Islands and the Great Barrier Reef, one of the natural wonders of the world. Experience all the diversity and beauty of the region by snorkelling, diving or sailing – or taking one of the many tours that Hamilton Island offers on a daily basis.
- The varied schedule of artistic, cultural and sporting events that the island hosts year round, which make it an ever-changing and exciting place to work.
- The superb food and wine, with a huge selection of renowned restaurants and cafes across the island, ranging from fine dining, to takeaway.
- The vibrant, friendly and diverse team, many of whom live on the island.
- The beautiful, mild weather, and the fact you can wear shorts even in winter.
Ways to play on Hamilton Island:
- Take a dip on Catseye Beach or in your dedicated staff pool.
- Get active with go-kart racing, a game of tennis or golf, bowling, a session of mini-golf, or a walk on any of the island’s spectacular walking trails.
- Explore your surrounds with a sailing trip, or take one of the organised tours and discover the Great Barrier Reef or the Whitsundays.
- Trial the many watersports on offer including sea kayaking, wakeboarding, snorkelling and windsurfing.
- Take advantage of the organised activities and facilities that are exclusively for employees, including trivia competitions, a staff-only bar, and weekly sporting competitions including netball, soccer, rugby and touch football.
- Indulge in the wide variety of restaurants, cafes and bars on offer and enjoy some live music every week at the Hamilton Island Marina.
- Hamilton Island also encourages its staff to develop their skills and participate in training courses that will enhance their career development.