RETAIL & RENTAL JOBS ON A PREMIER RESORT
- Start Dates: All year round
- Salary: Minimum $21.75 + per hour – age / experience / resort dependent
- Meals: Staff receive free or discounted meals - resort dependent
- Accommodation: Free / subsidised either on/off-site – resort dependent
- Uniforms: Usually free / subsidised uniform – resort dependent
- Minimum one-to-two years experience in a similar role
- Minimum commitment six months
- Grooming, appearance and cleanliness must be a very high standard (no visible piercings or tattoos)
- A second language is beneficial
- Must be willing to plan your travel arrangements according to employer defined start dates
- Must be an Australian citizen or be eligible for an Australian Holiday visa
Most hotels and resorts have an onsite retail stores or gift shops and rental shops for the hiring of equipment that will make their stay more pleasant. Rental shops on the premises are there to provide rental equipment to guests for the various facilities on the resort such as gold clubs and carts for the golf course, racquets and balls for the tennis courts, SCUBA diving, fishing and snorkelling equipment for water activities and more.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- You must be responsible and organised with knowledge of sales and basic math to handle the cashing up of the register and dealing with money on a daily basis. You should have the ability to speak clearly and easily to customers and encourage them to purchase the products for sale in a positive and friendly manner without being overbearing.
- You need to have strong interpersonal skills and be able to work well under pressure, as well as prioritise well and have good business ethics. You must be professional, well mannered, well groomed, and proficient in various systems including PowerPoint, Word, Excel Spreadsheets and various other internal resort systems. You have to be energetic, enthusiastic and confident.
- You might be required to work on your own most of the time, so you must be responsible and mature, being able to handle everything on your own without support or assistance. You might have to open the shop, check the equipment or products, man the front desk, fill and empty the cash register and close up after yourself.
- Balfour Hotel
- Clovelly Estate
- El Questro
- Fraser Island
- Fitzroy Island
- Hamilton Island
- Heron Island
- Hidden Vale
- Kings Canyon
- Lizard Island
- Peak Lodge
- Sangoma Retreat
- Tamarind Retreat
- Vineyard Estate