SPA JOBS ON A PREMIER RESORT
- Start Dates: All year round
- Salary: Minimum $17.75 + per hour – age / experience / resort dependent
- Meals: Staff receive free or discounted meals - resort dependent
- Accommodation: Free / subsidised either on/off-site – resort dependent
- Uniforms: Usually free / subsidised uniform – resort dependent
- Minimum 12 – 24 months experience in a similar role within a peer level establishment
- Minimum commitment six months
- Requisite training and qualifications
- Grooming, appearance and cleanliness must be a very high standard (no visible piercings or tattoos)
- A seconnd language is beneficial
- Must be willing to plan your travel arrangements according to employer defined start dates
- Must be an Australian citizen or be eligible for an Australian Holiday visa
There are many types of health and wellness treatments and techniques such as massage, body wraps and body scrubs with new techniques and treatments methods.
Aside from providing the massage treatments offered by the resort spa, you will also have to perform other duties such as cleaning and preparing the massage rooms for the next client, cleaning and tidying the waiting area each day, lighting candles, setting the mood with aromatic scents, and playing soft music to create the perfect atmosphere.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- You are responsible for the wellbeing of the client when they are in your care, so you must be alert at all times, paying attention to the client and to how they are handling the treatment.
- A resort spa relies on its massage therapists and other treatment professionals to all work together as a team, and communicate effectively with each other. The job is also customer service based, so you will have to be friendly, smile a lot and make your clients feel welcome and comfortable. You can chat to them if you like, but be careful of getting too personal, and also remember that in this setting you are on a time constraint.
- You usually have a few massages lined up one after the other, so you have to keep to your times, quite strictly, but without the client feeling like you are rushing to get them done.
- Sales experience is an aspect of a massage therapist’s job at a resort that you don’t often think about, but very often spas require their therapists to sell various products.
- As a massage therapist you will need to have undergone professional training in any number of treatment methods.
- You must be good with dealing with people, especially those who are stressed out and sometimes in pain, which is why they come to you, but at a resort, mostly you will find that clients are given vouchers to attend a therapy session and are honeymoon couples, moms on vacation, and the more elderly vacationers.
- Balfour Hotel
- Clovelly Estate
- El Questro
- Fraser Island
- Fitzroy Island
- Hamilton Island
- Heron Island
- Hidden Vale
- Kings Canyon
- Lizard Island
- Peak Lodge
- Sangoma Retreat
- Tamarind Retreat
- Vineyard Estate