For those with little or no relevant work experience, we offer Australian Industry Standard Training and then a guaranteed placement in a top hotel / resort. This is the perfect way to get you started on your Australian adventure!
Based on the Gold Coast, home of the famous Surfers Paradise and legendary Golden Beaches, where you can work by day and party all night.
- Free training for hotels & resort jobs
- Australian competency training certificate
- Australian employer work reference
- Airport pickup and Hostel accommodation
- Australian bank account, Tax File Number & SIM card
- Work visa assistance
How Does Does This Program Work ?
The Gold Coast Learn & Work will suit those with little or no relevant work experience, and those arriving on a working holiday that needs employment to fund their Australian adventure.
Applicants from overseas
If you're heading towards Australia and you would like to experience working holiday, the majority of employers are going ask for evidence of relevant work experience, certificate of competence as well as a work reference. Here is where most get unstuck and delayed. Hospitality is by far the most attractive opportunity for work however work experience is essential for you to be accepted.
The Working Holiday Club™ have partnered with a reputable training organisation or are willing to offer you free training (worth $500) to learn the Australian way. By joining the Gold Coast Learn and Work program, you will receive a certificate of competence, some work experience and a reference from a reputable Resort or Hotel. This is all you need to get going.
How Does The Competency Certificates Work?
- Once you have completed your training, you will be required to do practical assessments with resort and hotels for ten days.
- As part of the competency training, you will be necessary to perform 10-days of unpaid work for your certificate of competency to be issued
- Accompanied by your competency certificates will be a letter of recommendation from a reputable hotel or resort in the Gold Coast.
- You will also have your RSA in hand
Top reason why you should do this
- Employers love to see initiative! Taking the initiative to do complete a training course to acquire the correct certificate competence and Australian work references will increase your chances of good working holiday placement anywhere in Australia
- Employers cost of training is a huge each setback when it comes to working holidaymakers. With the current legislation restricting you from working for more than six months with one employer, the increased training cost of new hire is at the forefront of all hiring decisions, make yourself employable, provide a competency certificates from Australia
What happens after our training and work experience?
- Once you have completed your training and you have done three months and more of work experience based around hospitality and housekeeping you'll be eligible for a free placement on any of other resorts.
Work hours on offer to secure certificates
- Hours will be provided to you on a day by day basis where there is spot with the hotels
- Locations will differ on day by day basis but alway inch gold coast
- Hours are not guaranteed
Securing a contract in the gold Coast
- Hotels and resorts will assess your work ethics and suitably during your practical
- Should you and hotels feel you are a good fit, a season contract will be offered
Qualification Criteria & Important Information
We want to ensure that the program is both right for you, and you are right for the program. The following criteria and information should be used as a guide to helping decide this:
To qualify for the Jumpstart Premium Housekeeping Program, the following criteria apply:
- You much have a high level of English
- Be aged 18 to 30
- Be eligible for a working holiday visa to Australia
- Have an exceptionally high level of personal grooming, as you will be the face of the host resort/hotel. Visible tattoos or facial piercings will not be allowed (please arrange to cover tattoos and remove piercings should you have these)
- WA, NSW, ACT, VIC – “You can undertake temporary employment in Australia for up to six months with any one employer “ – Australian Immigration and Border Control (with our preferred partners we can move you between resorts after each six month stint)
- NT & Northern Queensland – New changes to the Working Holiday Regulation are in effect from October 2015... as a working holiday maker you are now entitled to work for 6 to 12 months for any one employer
- If you wish to stay longer and continue your working holiday, you may be able to apply for a second Working Holiday visa which will allow you to stay for an extra 12 months
- To be eligible to apply, you must hold or have previously held a Working Holiday (Subclass 417) visa, and have completed three months specified work in regional areas of Australia while on your first Working Holiday (Subclass 417) visa
- We can place you into one of our farm jobs for your 88 days (to qualify for your second year visa), or alternatively, some of our resorts have regional status, meaning this would suffice as your 88 days regional work
- You will also need to have an Australian bank account and a Tax File Number before you start work (all provided with this program)
- For some of the remote locations, a car and driving license may be required
Tourism and Hospitality - Extend your stay with one employer (applicable to NT and Nothern QLD)
The following work activities are eligible:
- Work in a range of positions where the primary purpose is to directly provide a service to tourists. This includes; tourist guides and operators, outdoor adventure or activity instructors, tourist transport services, gallery or museum managers, curators or guides.
- For hospitality workers, including a range of positions in hotels or other accommodation facilities, restaurants, cafes, bars and casinos, conference and event organisers.
- Eligible work undertaken in the tourism and hospitality industry must appear in the department’s list of tourism and hospitality occupations, which is based on Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) codes.
- Pre-departure Job Guarantee Service
- Three nights hostel accommodation
- Personal Visa Consultant to prepare working holiday visa application
- Shared accommodation introduction
- Airport transfer
- Australian bank account
- Australian SIM card
- Australian Tax File Number – TFN – (required to work in Australia)
- Discounted Professional Tax Back Service (get your tax back when you leave Australia)
- In-country orientation
- In-country support throughout your Australian adventure
- Ongoing job assistance throughout your Australian stay
- Resume review
- Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Australian Industry Standard Housekeeping Training (+$300 - see "What are my other costs?")
- Second Working Holiday Visa assistance
- Famous Gold Coast Pub Crawl
Job Guarantee – How Does It Work?
Through our portfolio of reputable employer partnerships we can offer the Job Guarantee service.
What this means is...
If your application and interview is successful, your first placement is guaranteed and protected by the Job Guarantee Service. This will allow you to work for up to six months with any one employer, and in some cases may be extended to 12 months.
Seasons – When Is The Best Time To Book?
The main season lasts from mid-October to May with some hotels and resorts being operational for additional periods over the winter period (June to September).
Once you have completed the training and initial placement, you shouldn't have a problem finding further housekeeping work around the country in other hotels and resorts.
How Does The Application Process Work?
What Happens Before I Leave?
- You will receive a call from one of our Australian Working Holiday specialists to discuss your situation, answer any of your queries and pre-qualify you for the program.
- To start your application & secure your spot on any of our Australian Jumpstart programs, a £195 deposit is required together with the completed Terms & Conditions.
- Once these have been returned, you will receive an email confirming receipt of the T&Cs and your deposit. The email will also contain a link to the application form.
- After receiving your application form, the Australian team / Housekeeping team will then arrange a Skype call with you to discuss the process, answer any of your questions, and interview you for the program.
- Should you be successful and qualify for the program, you will receive an invoice for the final amount and an email accepting you onto the program.
- Once all of these have been completed and submitted your application process will begin. Your visa application will be processed on your behalf and you will be notified of the outcome within 14 days.
- Should your housekeeping interview be a success, you will receive a placement offer for training and subsequent placement in a top tier hotel or resort.
- You will receive an email with the booking form. Once you have completed and submitted this form, you are all set to go.
- Finally, a week, to two weeks, prior to departure you will receive a 'bon voyage' email with all your arrival details.
- The trip of a lifetime begins!
*Tip: as this is such an email-centric process, some of our past clients have created a seperate folder in their email inboxes for our process emails.
What Happens When I Arrive?
Once you arrive you will receive ongoing support from our Australian team to ensure your job, accommodation and everything else that you need as part of the program is all taken care of.
Day 1: Arriving in Australia - Touch down! The airport pickup service will collect you from the airport and take you to your hostel. Check-in, drop your luggage, catch up on some sleep and head out to explore your nearest beach, rain forest or city!
Day 2 & 3: Relax and settle in to your new life Down Under - you will need these days to get over the jet lag and get accustomed to Australian life. Depending on which city you arrive in, weekly social events and tour invitations will be sent.
Day 4: Orientation covering everything you need to know about living, working & travelling in Australia. During the orientation, directions will be given on where to go to identify yourself in order to collect your new Australian bank account ATM card. You will also receive your new Australian SIM card.
Day 5: This is the day you start your new training! You will need to make your own way to your delegated hotel or resort for your training and assessment. After successfully completing your five days of training, you will be placed into a hotel or resort to start work.
* These days and steps might vary depending on your arrival day and specific circumstances - you might need an extra few days to chill and enjoy the sunshine....!.
Why Book With The Working Holiday Club™?
The Working Holiday Club™ has been successfully sending backpackers on working holidays around the world for over 10 years. Our sterling reputation within the industry means we are the internationall preferred suppliers of working holidays for organisations such as the Flight Centre Travel Group. We guarantee to make your Australian adventure something to remember... the journey of a lifetime!
Guaranteed Job Placement
Our Australian Jumpstart Premium program is extremely popular, with competition for jobs in Australia being at an all-time high, you are guaranteed a job with us. As beautiful as Australia is it is also expensive and competition for all types of work is fierce. Please take some time and do some research of you own to familiarise yourself with job opportunities, travel costs and cost of living – as we've said, preparation is everything.
The Working Holiday Club™ offers the most cost-effective program for the services provided. Some of our competitors charge as much as USA$2600 for a similar program. Our package is only £795.
– You are free to choose your own flights
– You are free to choose your own travel insurance
References & Assurances
Our Glasshouse Policy:
- We will provide you with all the information about our program before a fee is payable
- We will publish in our employer profile page the rate of pay & cost of accommodation so that you know what you are getting
- We will provide all the details we dicussed with you by phone in writing after your consulation call
- We can refer you to any of our travel industry partners across the UK and Europe for you to purchase our packages in a face-to-face environment if required for extra piece of mind
Industry References So You Know You're In Safe Hands
Whistler Blackcomb Reference:
We have partnered with TWHC for 10 years now. We have worked with a few agencies over the years and now use TWHC exclusively. With honest two-way communication, the team really understands our business & consistently delivers top candidates for us to meet. Extremely organised & efficient, our time is always well spent & this has proven to be the most effective way to recruit great people. The team are true professionals & I would recommend them to anyone.
Silver Star Reference:
Silver Star have been working with The Working Holiday Club for many years now to assist us with our hiring. It is a challenge for any company to recruit large numbers of employees season after season, however, with the assistance of The Working Holiday Club we are able to fill these positions with a professional, reliable, engaged employee team. We feel that The Working Holiday Club are industry leaders in recruiting employees within the ski industry. The team at The Working Holiday Club understand the needs of each resort that they partner with, offering an honest service to both employer and employee. I would have no hesitation in recommending The Working Holiday Club as a friendly, welcoming and trustworthy company to work with.
Flight Centre Group Plc Reference:
This email is to acknowledge that Flight Centre Travel Group and The Working Holiday Club have been working together for over 5 years.
During this time we've found TWHC to be a solid, ethical, and completely above-board organisation, and furthermore have a strong business relationship with. We strongly value the partnership between our two organisations, and rely heavily on TWHC to provide our customers with a honest, and seamless customer experience.Our relationship extends across all retail brands within the Flight Centre Travel Group, including but not limited to Flight Centre, Student Flights, Escape Travel, and My Adventure Store.
What are my other costs?
In order to help you with the financial planning of your trip and to ensure there are no hidden costs, this section attempts to show all other cost that could be incurred and that are NOT included in the program cost.
- Visa Cost
- The Australian Industry Standard Housekeeping Traininig course - A$300
- Additional nights in the hostel - discounted as a TWHC member
- SIM Card top-up charges
- Transport to your place of employment (unless part / included in the employment contract)
- Uniforms (unless included as part of the employement contract)
- Cost of accommodation (if not included in your employment contract)
The information provided here is for guidance only and should be used at your sole descretion.
Frequently Asked Questions
- If I decide to apply for this program, do I have to arrive in Australia at any specific time of the year? No. The Jumpstart Premium Housekeeping program is available all year round, although there are certain low and high seasons which might then determine how many shifts are available – the peak season is October to May.
- How long are the employment contracts? Normally three-to-six months and up to 12 months.
- How much can I expect to earn? You will be offered a competitive wage, paid either weekly or monthly, into your Australian bank account. The amount you receive will depend on your job, although there is a strict minimum wage policy in Australia.
- What is the price of the program and how much is the deposit? The price of the program is £795 - Once you have been successfully pre-qualified, a deposit of £195 will need to be paid.
- Will I need to pay anything else? Yes, you will be required to pay $300 for your industry standard traininig. You will also need to pay for your flights, insurance and visa which are not included in this program (see "What are my other costs?" section below).
- Do I require any previous experience? No, generally not, although some jobs might prefer certain experience. Energy, enthusiasm and good grooming (appearance) are the most important qualities that our Australian employers are looking for.
- How & when do I qualify for this program? After successfully pre-qualifying, you will be interviewed via Skype by our Australian team to qualify you for the program.
- How can I best prepare to qualify for this program? Ensure you have a resume that is current and you are well presented.
- When do I have to pay for the program? Once you have successfully qualified for the program you will then be required to pay the outstanding amount.
- Can I book with my friend or partner? On your application form there is a space for you to say if you are applying with a friend or partner. We will endeavour to get you both with the same employer although we cannot guarantee this.
- Is accommodation provided? No, not normally although The Working Holiday Club™ will assist with finding shared accommodation through our portfolio of shared housing providers should you need accommodation.