This is our and most popular program for those of you with Au Pair experience. Use your nannying experience while living & working around Sydney, home of the famous Sydney Opera House and legendary Bondi Beach!Some of our families even travel and take you with them - so you can see the country while being paid!
- A pre-departure job guarantee ensures you have a job waiting for you when you arrive in Australia
- Airport pickup and hostel accommodation before joining your selected family
- Australian bank account, Tax File Number & SIM card
- Personal visa consultant to submit your visa application – guaranteed, 1st time right
- In-country support throughout your Australian adventure
How Does It Work And Who’s Best Suited To This Program?
This Australian Jumpstart Premium program will suit those with au pair / nannying experience, who are looking for the security of living with a good Australian family while earning money to fund a working holiday.
Our partners in Sydney offer guaranteed pre-departure placements with top vetted and approved families in, and around, Sydney, on farms and even outback ranches! This is the perfect way to get you started on your Australian adventure – earning money while living with a great family! Some of our families even travel and take you with them, so you can see the country while being paid.
This program gives you everything you need to arrive safely and work & play around Australia!
Pre-departure Job Guarantee Service
Personal Visa Consultant to prepare working holiday visa application
Three nights hostel accommodation
Australian Bank Account
Australian SIM card
Australian Tax File Number – TFN – (required in order to work in Australia)
Discounted Professional Tax Back Service (get your tax back when you leave Australia)
In-country orientation including a 4 hour guided city tour and a beach walk
In-country support throughout your Australian adventure
Ongoing job assistance throughout your Australian stay
- Famous Sydney Pub Crawl
Second Working Holiday visa assistance
Valid for 24 months
Qualification Criteria & Important Information
We want to ensure that the program is both right for you, and you are right for the program. The following criteria and information should be used as a guide:
To qualify for the Jumpstart Premium Au Pair Program, the following criteria apply:
- You must have a high level of English
- Be aged 20 to 28
- Have a minimum of 12 months au pair / nannying experience, with references
- Have no criminal convictions
- Be eligible for a working holiday visa to Australia
- Be in good health and have a high level of personal grooming.
Preferred skills and experience:
- First Aid & CPR Training
- Second language
- WA, NSW, ACT, VIC – “You can undertake temporary employment in Australia for up to six months with any one employer “ – Australian Immigration and Border Control (with our preferred partners we can move you between resorts after each six month stint)
- NT & Northern Queensland – New changes to the Working Holiday Regulation are in effect from October 2015... as a working holiday maker you are now entitled to work for up to 12 months for any one employer
- If you wish to stay longer and continue your working holiday, you may be able to apply for a second Working Holiday visa which will allow you to stay for an extra 12 months
- To be eligible to apply, you must hold or have previously held a Working Holiday (Subclass 417) visa, and have completed three months specified work in regional areas of Australia while on your first Working Holiday (Subclass 417) visa
- We can either place you into one of our farm or ranch jobs for your 88 days (to qualify for your second year visa), or alternatively, some of our resorts have regional status, meaning this would suffice as your 88 days regional work
- You will also need to have an Australian bank account and a Tax File Number before you start work (all provided with this program)
- For some of the remote locations, a car and driving license may be required
From July 21, 2015, permission to work longer than six months with an employer may be given where a Working Holiday (subclass 417) or Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa holder has been employed as an au pair with a family and is seeking to continue that employment for a further period.
To be considered an au pair, your primary responsibility must be the care of a family's children, rather than any domestic work. The youngest child being cared for should not be older than 12 years of age (that is, primary school age or younger).
You can work as an au pair in any part of Australia.
Job Guarantee – How Does It Work?
Through our trusted Au Pair Partnership we can offer the Job Guarantee service.
What this means is...
If your application and interview is successful, your first placement is guaranteed and protected by the Job Guarantee Service. This will allow you to work for up to six months with any one family – you and the family may apply to extend this period for up to an additional six months.
Family Profiles & Role Descriptions
Au pairs will usually be staying with a family with young children where the parents work, and in some instances, the family also travels around the country. Au pairs receive their meals and accommodation, and AUD $180-$300 per week in return for helping in the home for 25/35 hours per week (an average of five, to six, hours per day Monday through Friday, plus some babysitting on weekends).
The minimum stay is for three to six months, with an option to exend this for up to an additional six months if both you and the family so wish.
Job duties will vary from family to family so we have created a list of job duties that au pairs generally perform.
- Light housekeeping
Most Australian families will require that the au pair be a non-smoker and that they can drive.
How Does The Application Process Work?
What Happens Before I Leave?
- You will receive a call from one of our Australian Working Holiday specialists to discuss your situation, and answer any of your queries and pre-qualify you for the program.
- To start your application & secure your spot on any of our Australian Jumpstart programs, a £195 deposit is required together with the completed Terms & Conditions.
- Once these have been returned, you will receive an email confirming receipt of the T&Cs and your deposit. The email will also contain a link to the application form.
- After receiving your application form, the Australian team / Au Pair Agency will then arrange a Skype call with you to discuss the process, answer any of your questions, and qualify / interview you for the program.
- Should you be successful and qualify for the program, you will receive an invoice for the final amount and an email accepting you onto the program.
- Once all of these have been completed and submitted your application process will begin. Your visa application will be processed on your behalf and you will be notified of the outcome within 14 days.
- Once your references have been checked and your visa has been granted, you will receive a Skype call request from the prospective Australian family.
- If your Skype call with the family is a success, you will receive a placement offer from the Australian family.
- You will receive an email with the booking form. Once you have completed and submitted this form, you are all set to go.
- Finally, a week, to two weeks, prior to departure, you will receive a 'bon voyage' email with all your arrival details.
- The trip of a lifetime begins!
*Tip: As this is such an email-centric process, some of our past clients have created a seperate folder in their email inboxes for our processing emails.
What Happens When I Arrive?
Once you arrive you will receive ongoing support from our Australian team to ensure your job, accommodation and everything else that you need as part of the program is all taken care of.
Day 1: Arriving in Australia - Touch down! The airport pickup service will collect you from the airport and take you to your hostel. Check-in, drop your luggage, catch up on some sleep or head out to explore your nearest beach or the beautiful city of Sydney!
Day 2 & 3: Relax and settle in to your new life Down Under – you will need these days to get over the jet lag and get accustomed to Australian life. There will also be loads of fun activities planned to keep you entertained, such as...
- A city orientation tour
- A beach walk
- The famous Sydney pub crawl
- And much more...
Day 4: Orientation covering everything you need to know about living, working & travelling in Australia. During the orientation, directions will be given on where to go to identify yourself in order to collect your new Australian bank account ATM card. You will also receive your new Australian SIM card. The Au Pair agency representative will come to the hostel to meet you and go over the arrangements for your placement.
Day 5 & 6: The day you meet your Australian family.
Day 7: The day you start with your new Australian family. The Au Pair agency representative will take you to the family’s home and get you settled in.
*These days and steps might vary depending on your arrival day and specific circumstances, you might need an extra few days to chill in the sunshine...!
Why Book With The Working Holiday Club™?
The Working Holiday Club™ has been successfully sending backpackers on working holidays around the world for over 10 years. Our sterling reputation within the industry means we are the internationall preferred suppliers of working holidays for organisations such as the Flight Centre Travel Group. We guarantee to make your Australian adventure something to remember... the journey of a lifetime!
Guaranteed Job Placement
Our Australian Jumpstart Premium program is extremely popular, with competition for jobs in Australia being at an all-time high, you are guaranteed a job with us. As beautiful as Australia is it is also expensive and competition for all types of work is fierce. Please take some time and do some research of you own to familiarise yourself with job opportunities, travel costs and cost of living – as we've said, preparation is everything.
The Working Holiday Club™ offers the most cost-effective program for the services provided. Some of our competitors charge as much as USA$2600 for a similar program. Our package is only £795.
– You are free to choose your own flights
– You are free to choose your own travel insurance
References & Assurances
Our Glasshouse Policy:
- We will provide you with all the information about our program before a fee is payable
- We will publish in our employer profile page the rate of pay & cost of accommodation so that you know what you are getting
- We will provide all the details we dicussed with you by phone in writing after your consulation call
- We can refer you to a Flight Centre store anywhere in Austalia and New Zealand for you to purchase our packages in a face-to-face environment if required for extra piece of mind
Industry References So You Know You're In Safe Hands
Whistler Blackcomb Reference:
We have partnered with TWHC for 10 years now. We have worked with a few agencies over the years and now use TWHC exclusively. With honest two-way communication, the team really understands our business & consistently delivers top candidates for us to meet. Extremely organised & efficient, our time is always well spent & this has proven to be the most effective way to recruit great people. The team are true professionals & I would recommend them to anyone.
Silver Star Reference:
Silver Star have been working with The Working Holiday Club for many years now to assist us with our hiring. It is a challenge for any company to recruit large numbers of employees season after season, however, with the assistance of The Working Holiday Club we are able to fill these positions with a professional, reliable, engaged employee team. We feel that The Working Holiday Club are industry leaders in recruiting employees within the ski industry. The team at The Working Holiday Club understand the needs of each resort that they partner with, offering an honest service to both employer and employee. I would have no hesitation in recommending The Working Holiday Club as a friendly, welcoming and trustworthy company to work with.
Flight Centre Group Plc Reference:
This email is to acknowledge that Flight Centre Travel Group and The Working Holiday Club have been working together for over 5 years.
During this time we've found TWHC to be a solid, ethical, and completely above-board organisation, and furthermore have a strong business relationship with. We strongly value the partnership between our two organisations, and rely heavily on TWHC to provide our customers with a honest, and seamless customer experience.Our relationship extends across all retail brands within the Flight Centre Travel Group, including but not limited to Flight Centre, Student Flights, Escape Travel, and My Adventure Store.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long are the employment contracts? Normally six months and up to 12 months with any one family.
- How much can I expect to earn? You will receive between $8 - $15 per hour working and between 20 – 30 hours per week (average can vary from family to family and may be more during vacation periods)
- What is the price of the program and how much is the deposit? Once you have been successfully pre-qualified, a deposit of £195 will need to be paid – the program cost is £795
- Do I require any previous experience? Yes – a minimum of 12 months experience in a similar childcare role is required, although energy, enthusiasm and good grooming (appearance) are the most important qualities that our Australian families look for
- How & when do I qualify for this program? After successfully pre-qualifying, you will be interviewed via Skype by our Australian team / Au Pair Agency to qualify you for the program
- How can I best prepare to qualify for this program? Ensure your resume is current and your references are ready
- What happens if I'm not successful in my interview? We will endeavour to arrange another interview with another family – should this also be unsuccessful, we will give you the opportunity to select one of our other Australian working holiday programs
- When do I have to pay for the program? Once you have successfully qualified for the program you will then be required to pay the outstanding amount
- What happens at the end of my first assignment? Once you have successfully completed your first assignment and you wish to continue working, we will endeavour to place you with another family
- Can I book with my friend or partner? On your application form there is a space for you to say if you are applying with a friend / partner – we will endeavour to get you both into the same area although we cannot guarantee this
- Are food and accommodation provided? Yes – full board and lodgings are provided