If you’re in the hospitality / services industry and you want to come to Australia, this is the program for you! Support your travels by working in some of our leading resorts, hotels and retreats across Australia.
Explore Australia while working on your career in a beautiful island resort, a luxury outback retreat, or a remote bushland estate.
- A pre-departure job guarantee ensures you have a job waiting for you
- Airport pickup and hostel accommodation
- Australian bank account, Tax File Number & SIM card
- Personal visa consultant to submit your visa application – guaranteed, 1st time right
- In-country concierge support throughout your Australian adventure
How Does It Work And Who’s Best Suited To This Program?
The Australian Jumpstart Platinum program will suit experienced individuals who have a genuine interest in the Hospitality and Tourism industries.
If you want to combine an Australian working holiday with a job in some of Australia’s leading resorts, hotels and retreats, this is for you. Our Australian employment partners are seeking top calibre people to work in their premier establishments. With this package, you can work & play across Australia while gaining valuable international experience to showcase your resume.This program offers a guaranteed pre-departure placement. So, if you have dreamt about travelling but have been worried about the effects of an extended break on your career, this is for you! Our participating Australian employers have placements for those individuals that have the right qualifications and associated experience. These prestigious resorts, hotels and retreats are some of the best of the best, with Hatted (Michelin Star) restaurants and A-grade services.
- Pre-departure working holiday jobs on Australian island resorts and retreats
- 6 – 12 month placement contracts
- On-site and off-site staff accommodation options
- Personal Visa Consultant to prepare your Working Holiday Visa application
- Three night hostel accommodation
- Arrival airport transfer to hostel
- Australian bank account
- Australian SIM card
- Australian Tax File Number (required in order to work in australia)
- Discounted professional tax back service (get your tax back when you leave australia)
- In-country orientation including an extensive guided city tour and a beach walk
- In-country concierge service throughout your Australian adventure
- Ongoing job assistance throughout your Australian stay (after successful completion of first placement)
- Resume review
- RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol – required for any hospitality / bar work)
- Second Working Holiday Visa assistance
- Valid for 24 months
Qualification Criteria & Important Information
We want to ensure that the program is both right for you, and you are right for the program. The following criteria and information should be used as a guide:
To qualify for the Jumpstart Platinum Program, the following criteria apply:
- Be at least an intermediate level English speaker
- Be aged 19 to 30
- Have a minimum of 12 months relevant experience in a similar role and establishment
- Have no criminal convictions
- Be Australian or be eligible for a working holiday visa to Australia
- Be in good health and have a high level of personal grooming
- Must be willing to commit to a min of six to nine months
Preferred skills and experience:
- Remote work experience
- Second language
- Multi-skilled (for example food & bev and housekeeping)
- Hotel operating systems
- First Aid & OH&S trained
- WA, NSW, ACT, VIC – “You can undertake temporary employment in Australia for up to six months with any one employer “ – Australian Immigration and Border Control (with our preferred partners we can move you between resorts after each 3 - six month stint)
- NT & Northern Queensland – New changes to the Working Holiday Regulation are in effect from October 2015... as a working holiday maker you are now entitled to work for up to 12 months for any one employer
- If you wish to stay longer and continue your working holiday, you may be able to apply for a second Working Holiday visa which will allow you to stay for an extra 12 months
- To be eligible to apply, you must hold or have previously held a Working Holiday (Subclass 417) visa, and have completed three months specified work in regional areas of Australia while on your first Working Holiday (Subclass 417) visa
- We can place you into one of our farm jobs for your 88 days (to qualify for your second year visa), or alternatively, some of our resorts have regional status, meaning this would suffice as your 88 days regional work
- You will also need to have an Australian bank account and a Tax File Number before you start work (all provided with this program)
- For some of the remote locations, a car and driving license may be required
Tourism and Hospitality - Extend your stay with one employer (applicable to NT and Nothern QLD)
The following work activities are eligible:
- Work in a range of positions where the primary purpose is to directly provide a service to tourists. This includes; tourist guides and operators, outdoor adventure or activity instructors, tourist transport services, gallery or museum managers, curators or guides.
- For hospitality workers, including a range of positions in hotels or other accommodation facilities, restaurants, cafes, bars and casinos, conference and event organisers.
- Eligible work undertaken in the tourism and hospitality industry must appear in the department’s list of tourism and hospitality occupations, which is based on Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) codes.
Job Guarantee – How Does It Work?
Through our trusted partnership with some of Australia’s leading resorts, retreats and hotels, we can offer the Job Guarantee service.
What this means is...
If your application and interview is successful, your first placement is guaranteed and protected by the Job Guarantee Service. This will allow you to work for up to 6 to 12 months with any one employer.
Seasons – When Is The Best Time To Book?
Australia's busiest season lasts from October to May, although there are roles that cover the entire year.
Once you have successfully completed your initial placement, we can assist with finding further work around the country in other establishments within the same group or with other partner hotels and resorts.
How Does The Application Process Work?What Happens Before I Leave?
- You will receive a call from one of our Australian Working Holiday specialists to discuss your situation, answer any of your queries and pre-qualify you for the program.
- To start your application & secure your spot on any of our Australian Jumpstart programs, a £195 deposit is required together with the completed Terms & Conditions.
- Once these have been returned, you will receive an email confirming receipt of the T&Cs and your deposit. The email will also contain a link to the application form.
- After receiving your application form, the Australian team will then arrange a Skype call with you to discuss the process, answer any of your questions, and qualify / interview you for the program and resort roles.
- Should you be successful and qualify for the program, you will receive an invoice for the final amount and an email accepting you onto the program.
- Once all of these have been completed and submitted your application process will begin. Your visa application will be processed on your behalf and you will be notified of the outcome within 14 days.
- Once your references have been checked and your visa has been granted, you will receive a Skype interview request from the prospective Australian employer.
- If your interview is a success, you will receive a job offer from the Australian resort, retreat or hotel.
- You will receive an email with the booking form. Once you have completed and submitted this form, you are all set to go.
- Finally, a week, to two weeks, prior to departure, you will receive a 'bon voyage' email with all your arrival details.
- The trip of a lifetime begins!
*Tip: As this is such an email-centric process, some of our past clients have created a seperate folder in their email inboxes for our process emails.
What Happens When I Arrive?
Once you arrive you will receive ongoing support from our Australian team to ensure your job, accommodation and everything else that you need as part of the program is all taken care of.
Day 1: Arriving in Australia - Touch down! The airport pickup service will collect you from the airport and take you to your premier hostel. Check-in, drop your luggage, catch up on some sleep and head out to explore your nearest beach, rainforest or city!
Day 2 & 3: Relax and settle in to your new life Down Under – you will need these days to get over the jet lag and get accustomed to Australian life. There will also be loads of fun activities planned to keep you entertained such as:
- A city orientation tour
- A beach walk
- The famous Sydney pub crawl
- And much more…
Day 4: Orientation covering everything you need to know about living, working & travelling in Australia. During the orientation, directions will be given on where to go to identify yourself in order to collect your new Australian bank account ATM card. You will also receive your new Australian SIM card.
Day 5 & 6: Time to make your way to your job placement.
Day 7: The day you start your new Australian job.
*These days and steps might vary depending on your arrival day and specific circiumstances - you might need a few more days to chill and enjoy the sunshine...!
Why Book With The Working Holiday Club™?
The Working Holiday Club™ has been successfully sending backpackers on working holidays around the world for over 10 years. Our sterling reputation within the industry means we are the internationall preferred suppliers of working holidays for organisations such as the Flight Centre Travel Group. We guarantee to make your Australian adventure something to remember... the journey of a lifetime!
Guaranteed Job Placement
Our Australian Jumpstart Standard program is extremely popular, with competition for jobs in Australia being at an all-time high, you are guaranteed a job with us. As beautiful as Australia is it is also expensive and competition for all types of work is fierce. Please take some time and do some research of you own to familiarise yourself with job opportunities, travel costs and cost of living – as we've said, preparation is everything.
The Working Holiday Club™ offers the most cost-effective program for the services provided. Some of our competitors charge as much as USA$3700 for a similar program. Our package is only £995.
– You are free to choose your own flights
– You are free to choose your own travel insurance
References & Assurances
Our Glasshouse Policy:
- We will provide you with all the information about our program before a fee is payable
- We will publish in our employer profile page the rate of pay & cost of accommodation so that you know what you are getting
- We will provide all the details we dicussed with you by phone in writing after your consulation call
- We can refer you to any of our travel industry partners across the UK and Europe for you to purchase our packages in a face-to-face environment if required for extra piece of mind
Industry References So You Know You're In Safe Hands
Whistler Blackcomb Reference:
We have partnered with TWHC for 10 years now. We have worked with a few agencies over the years and now use TWHC exclusively. With honest two-way communication, the team really understands our business & consistently delivers top candidates for us to meet. Extremely organised & efficient, our time is always well spent & this has proven to be the most effective way to recruit great people. The team are true professionals & I would recommend them to anyone.
Silver Star Reference:
Silver Star have been working with The Working Holiday Club for many years now to assist us with our hiring. It is a challenge for any company to recruit large numbers of employees season after season, however, with the assistance of The Working Holiday Club we are able to fill these positions with a professional, reliable, engaged employee team. We feel that The Working Holiday Club are industry leaders in recruiting employees within the ski industry. The team at The Working Holiday Club understand the needs of each resort that they partner with, offering an honest service to both employer and employee. I would have no hesitation in recommending The Working Holiday Club as a friendly, welcoming and trustworthy company to work with.
Flight Centre Group Plc Reference:
This email is to acknowledge that Flight Centre Travel Group and The Working Holiday Club have been working together for over 5 years.
During this time we've found TWHC to be a solid, ethical, and completely above-board organisation, and furthermore have a strong business relationship with. We strongly value the partnership between our two organisations, and rely heavily on TWHC to provide our customers with a honest, and seamless customer experience.Our relationship extends across all retail brands within the Flight Centre Travel Group, including but not limited to Flight Centre, Student Flights, Escape Travel, and My Adventure Store.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long are the employment contracts? Normally between six to nine months and up to 12 months with any one employer.
- How much can I expect to earn? You will receive a minimum of $17.75 per hour, working a minimum of 20 hours per week (job / experience dependent).
- What is the price of the program and how much is the deposit? £995 in total, and once you have been successfully pre-qualified, you will receive an invoice for the deposit of £195.
- Do I require any previous experience? Yes. A minimum of 12 months experience in a similar role within a premier establishment is required.
- How & when do I qualify for this program? After successfully pre-qualifying, you will be interviewed via Skype by our Australian team to qualify you for the program / resort / role.
- How can I best prepare to qualify for this program? Ensure your resume is current and your references are ready.
- What happens if I'm not successful in my interview? We will endeavour to arrange another interview with one of our other platinum employment partners for a similar role and establishment. Should this also be unsuccessful, we will give you the opportunity to select one of our other Australian working holiday programs.
- When do I have to pay for the program? Once you have successfully qualified for the program you will then be required to pay the outstanding amount.
- Can I choose a specific resort and or location? Yes, and although we will endeavour to place you at your selected option, we cannot guarantee that you will be placed at your preferred location.
- What happens at the end of my first assignment? Once you have successfully completed your first assignment and you wish to continue working, we will endeavour to place you at another resort or into one of our city establishments.
- Can I book with my friend or partner? On your application form there is a space for you to say if you are applying with a friend / partner. We will endeavour to get you both with the same employer although we cannot guarantee this. However, we do have roles with some of our employers that specifically look for partners and or friends for certain placements.
- Is food and accommodation provided? Yes, in most job placements (not all) you will either receive free accommodation or subsidised accommodation and meals.